Monday, March 26, 2012

A Favorite Thing

When we first moved here, I kinda started going a little crazy not having any friends and being home all day every day with nothing going on.  We found the YMCA and I fell in love.  With a family membership you get 2 hours of free daycare daily for as many kids as you have (6yrs and under). I tried out all the classes and found what I loved. I love the daycare ladies.  They have an infant room (non-walking kids), a little kid room (walking - about 3) and a big kid room (3ish-6) that are all connected, so Isabelle can room hop.  I love the pool.  We go swimming together as a family.  With Luke still so young, we can just check him into the daycare while we take the other two. Michael never wants to swim as long as Isabelle, so he swims for a bit, and we take him to the daycare while Isabelle finishes up. It's fabulous.

When we first started going, Michael was only about 9 months old and Isabelle was 2.  Every day I exercised and then showered and got ready for the day.  I didn't have to speed through hoping no one is getting into something like my showers at home.  I actually got dressed every single day.  Michael would usually take his morning nap there in the baby room, so when I picked up the kids we were ready to go home and play for the day or grocery shop on the way home.  It was fabulous. It's continued.

I got to keep going through my entire pregnancy.  I had to start going to different classes, but still was there  3 times a week to exercise and 2 days a week for Isabelle's swim lessons.  When we had to stay home after I had Luke, the kids started going crazy asking to go to "Gym Care" as they call it.  They absolutely love the social time.  In the big kid room, there is usually a craft of sorts, so Isabelle really enjoys that.  She also loves to play in the baby room with Luke or in the little kid room with the dramatic play and dress up stuff.  

There were a few times when I was pregnant I didn't feel like exercising, so I took a book.  That was great too. :)

The kids have their own "routine" with going to the gym.  I was laughing the other day at our "event" of going to the gym. I had to take pictures.

They have to take turns pushing the handicapped buttons to open the doors for us.  Which actually has been nice since having Luke.  My arms are more full.


When I pick them up, my "kitties" make their way to drinking fountains to get drinks.  Yes, they are meowing the entire way too.


If they were good, they get to throw 2 rocks (straight back down into the rock pile).


They have to go through the bike racks and count them and make sure they are all still there.


They are awesome in the parking lot.  We play red light, green light and they know to stop on the white part before we cross.


I forgot to take a picture of their faces in all this, but these pictures are what I see, their backs. :)

Now that I've got 3 kids, it's a little crazier around the house.  I now take have to have one day off a week to spend a bit more time on housework.  I have made some great work-out friends.  My kids look forward to it.  I look forward to it.  This is one of my favorite things about our move to Spokane.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Natalie said...

My cousin raves about the YMCA all the time too! I'm sure you two are there at the same time occasionally - who knows :) Sounds like fun!

Jill said...

this is awesome. maybe I'll look into the Cincinnati YMCA to help me adjust to that move too. :)