Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"Bish!"

A few months ago, Isabelle asked for fish. I told her she needed to show me she can be responsible and take care of Jake to see if she can earn fish.  She was incredibly responsible!  She got him food and water and let him in and out for potty breaks.  She would throw the ball for him, give him treats and play petting zoo with him (which I'm not so sure he liked very much, but it was attention).  Finally we told her she earned fish.  Mike grew up with fish and his dad is very knowledgeable about them, so we had his help getting started. We went for something that would give live births and often for lots of fun.  We got 3 guppies.  Millie (f), Nemo (f), and Geo (m).  It was so exciting!  Saturday late afternoon, Mike and Dad took Isabelle and Michael to the fish store while Mom and I watched some Downton Abby. :)






Sunday we came home from church to about 11 babies!! It was so fun!  We've been going in and checking them constantly.  The kids have to say good morning and good night to the fish and so far have been good with not putting stuff in the tank....we'll see how long that lasts.





A few funnies about the fish.  As soon as we got it set up, Isabelle said, "As soon as I show you I can take care of my fish and my dog, I'm going to get a parrot, Mom."  When I told Mike, he said she said the same thing, but about a turtle.  Let's see just how large the family zoo gets over the next few years.

Michael calls them "Bish."

I'm not sure how it happened, but she is aware fish die.  After we got everything set up, about 20 minutes later, she went up to make sure they were still alive.  "They aren't dead yet!"  She kept going up there every 5 minutes to check.  Every time she checks on them, she tells us all they are dead yet.  

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill said...

so fun!!

Lissa said...

Hahaha! Pretty soon you'll have a zoo like us! 4 cats, a dog, turtle, and ferret. lol Be aware - guppies eat their young.... Oh, and when I was little, I had a guppy named Julie. =)