Mike came for the last week of training. He flew in on Sunday, which was my birthday and Mother's Day. That Saturday and Sunday were the hardest 2 days for me by far. We had planned for Mike to bring the kids to visit a few weekends before, but because of his disaster moving, it didn't work out. I was happy to see Mike, but was missing my kids A TON! It didn't help it was Mother's Day and I was missing my big kiddos. Anyway, Mike coming to see me was the BEST birthday present EVER!!!! It had been almost a month since I had seen him. When we pulled up at the airport, Luke could see him a ways before we could pick him up and he said, "That's MY dad!!" Over and over again. It was adorable. So fun to have Dad with us. Spencer was very hesitant with Mike at first. He looked at him like, "do I know you? I think I might, but I'm not sure." Then he warmed right up.
There's a park close to where we were that has a famous old merry go round. I had mentioned it and Luke had been asking to go for a while, so I decided that would be a fun thing to do with Dad. We got there and the music was so loud, Luke started crying and refused to even get close to it. He was SO excited to go, and ended up just crying about it. He was telling everyone, "Music too woud! I cried." So we drove around until we found a playground area and spent our afternoon there.
We didn't really celebrate my birthday that day, but I didn't need anything else except Mike. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment