Mr. Luke is 6 weeks. Time flies when you are having fun! Luke fits perfectly into our family. I feel like he's been here for months. Everyone says 3 is the hardest. It's definitely busy. I started what should have been a 2 hour project, and turned into a 2 day project. I get so distracted. Up to change a diaper, then someone needs a drink, then the laundry needs to be switched, but oh, I forgot to finish the dishes this morning, calm the crying baby, my phone rings, Michael runs by smelling, "OH YEAH! I got up to change a diaper!" You all know how it goes, but I love it! It means I have 3 kiddos and I feel so blessed.
Luke is such a tolerant baby! This poor kid gets man-handled and mostly puts up with it. Isabelle asks to hold him constantly and would hold him for hours if I let her. Luke makes it about 10 minute intervals before he cries for bigger arms and a little distance in the face. Michael loves to pretend he is eating Luke. He picks at him like he's eating Cheerios, and pretends to put it in his mouth. It's strange but cute. Michael gradually gets rougher and then Luke cries to be rescued.
Luke loves tummy time, but started rolling over at 3 weeks. He flips himself over and gets frustrated he can't go from back to tummy. He likes toys mixed with some social time. He seems to be a mix of Isabelle and Michael. Isabelle liked toys but much preferred social interactions. Michael LOVED toys at this age. Luke is in the middle. He loves to be in a sitting position. I've already pulled out the Bumbo seat. He doesn't like the lounge position very much and likes to stand up in my lap. He is a schedule baby and getting chunkier by the minute. We love our latest addition!
Isabelle got him out of his crib yesterday all by herself....yeah. It went as well as it sounds. Luke is fine and Isabelle knows why we've been telling her to ask someone to get him out. I'm actually surprised it took this long with my helpful little Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment