Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Farewell, My Friend...Again

Luke is sensitive to dairy....UG! That's all I have to say about that. My awesome sleeper of 7-8 hours at night wakes up every 2-3 hours after a heavy dairy day. Granted he is nowhere close to Michael. Michael screamed in pain. Luke just wiggles in uncomfortableness and whines and you can tell he's just off. I've completely cut out the mega obvious milk, cheese, butter and yogurt and have seen a huge improvement. I'm gradually cutting all the hidden dairy too as I remember what I used to have to avoid and what I used to eat. After cutting everything out for a few weeks, I'll add back a few things at a time to see how much I can get away with. I keep making it a day or two and then cheat and remember just how HARD it is for me to completely cut out dairy. So, farewell again, my friend. I will miss you again, just in time for the holidays. I enjoyed you for the few months I had you. Hopefully our time apart will be shorter this time. In one way I'm excited! I lost so much weight last time, so it will help me get rid of these extra pounds I'm carrying around.

Here's a few new pictures for admiring aunts and grandmas. He's smiling more, but they are still hard to coax out of him and actually catch with the camera.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jill said...

what a cutie! can't wait to meet him!

Casey said...

Me too! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!!! And I am glad that going dairy-free has not one but two rewards to keep you motivated!

Nicole said...

He is so cute Julie, really. He's a doll (in a boy way).

I almost wish my kids had issues with dairy because then I would HAVE to cut it out and be able to lose more weight, but so far no dice. Good luck.

Liz Robertson said...

Oh, darn the dairy! maybe he'll be a little lenient on you...

rozanny said...

Just an idea... Sammy's allergic to milk, eggs, corn and soy... but we took him to an allergenist who had us avoiding them and taking allergy meds... and his assistant suggested that we try NAET... it's an accupressure treatment that desensitizes your body to allergens. For the first time in almost two years he can drink milk and eat eggs without an allergic reaction. We're still working on the other two and we found out he's also allergic to plastic and vegetable fats of all things. Who knew?