So just as I was feeling all back to normal after giving birth, we got colds and some weird eye gunk. We spent last week snuggled on the couch doing some serious TV time and little else.
My brother and family came to visit this weekend, willingly and knowing we were on the uphill side of the plague. It was great to spend some time with them. Our kids played and played and played. We watched lots of football and went to my favorite Spokane Park, Manito Park. It's gorgeous and huge.
While they were here, I sprained my ankle horribly. I missed a step on the stairs getting to a crying baby at 3am. I laid there on the floor completely unable to move toes or my ankle. I thought it was broken at first. (Side note: I'm a fainter. I know what it feels like and can usually stop it, but it happens more often than I like.) I thought to myself, "I just have to crawl back up the stairs to get to Mike, then he can bring me the baby." Every time I lifted my head, I felt the fainting coming on. So plan b, was to drag myself to the baby, get him out of the pack and play and call for help. So I crawled my way over, got Luke out and to the floor unharmed, and then fainted. There I was passed out on the floor next to a screaming baby. I finally came to, and of course, the inevitable miserableness of fainting. I got the baby shushed and started calling for help. I don't think I have felt quite so helpless before. What felt like 3 hours later, but was probably only 10-15 minutes, Karen came running down the stairs and saved the baby, got Mike and Danny to help assess the situation. After some ice, leftover "just had a baby" Ibprophen, and a bottle for Luke, Danny and Karen went back to bed, and Mike attempted to sleep on what was left of the couch. Later that morning, the swelling had gone way down and I could move toes and my ankle a tiny bit. Everyone pitched in for meals and clean up. Danny and family left after we decided we didn't need to go to a dr.
This week has been miserable. I feel fine, but can't walk. That's an awesome situation to be in with 3 little kids, a husband at work, and a house to clean. So, we've watched MORE TV this week....My ankle is far from better, but I can at least now manage around the house. I can make it up the stairs with almost no pain, but down the stairs is still a disaster and takes forever. It still hurts with regular walking, but is feeling better each day. Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll be back to normal duties with just a bit of uncomfortableness. This is how it looks today, 4 days later. The swelling is less than half of what it was that first night and still looks like an elephant kankle. Hopefully next week we will finally be back to normal! I'm tired of sitting!


7 comments:
OUCH! On the upside, with all this chair time you can blog :) yay!
Wish I could help you...
holy massive ankle, Julie! haha. I'm so sorry that is such a sad story! I'm glad that you are recovering but that sucks that it's such a slow process. Get better soon!!! And watch lots of TV for me...oh wait...I watch plenty all on my own, and I don't even have a sprained ankle. haha. loves!
That's terrible! Are you positive it's not broken?
Wow!! That all sounds so tough. I hope you all start feeling better soon.
OUCH! I wish we were there to help. I hope it gets better quick!
Oh Julie, that story about your ankle sounds horrible. So sorry you had to go through that. I love the post about Isabelle trying to get herself dressed. Too funny!
Post a Comment