When we first moved into this house, both Mike and I went into it thinking, "Sure it will work for a few months and then we'll move." We have left lots of boxes unpacked and we have 1 picture on our wall. Well over a year later we are still here. Every time we start to look to move, we find nothing, or nothing as nice for the price. I've come to find, this is where we need to be. All the things about this place that used to bug me, don't so much anymore. This hill is ours and leaves little grassy area. It makes me feel like I live in a hole because it is 2 sides of my house, however, the dog and kids LOVE it. With a few shovels and buckets, I can see them from my kitchen window and they are in heaven for hours. During the winter it is an awesome sledding hill. We also live behind another duplex with their back fence as our view from the front of our house. It's a long gravel driveway to get to us. I hated this, once again, feeling isolated. However, the kids don't wander! They have plenty of bike/trike space back behind this fence and don't make it close to the road. If they are barefoot, they never make it far on the gravel driveway, and what kid doesn't love TONS of rocks? All seasons, with little kids, this is a good place for us.
This house is smaller and downsizing was not fun, but I've learned to figure out lots of tricks. I'd like to say that also means it's cleaner....um....but....it's not. :) It just means I have more time to play with my kiddos.
No comments:
Post a Comment