Mike had a business trip to Jacksonville, FL and was gone for 4 days. It just so happened one of my best friends was able to road trip with her mom to visit her aunt in Coeur d'Alene. Which meant, Kari and her 2 year old, Abbey, came and spent 3 days at my house during those 4 days Mike was gone. It was fabulous! Not only did I have company while Mike was gone, but we got to stay up too late, and do some projects I've wanted to get done.
This is my new living room. This is something Mike and I have been talking about doing for 2 weeks and every time I suggested it after kids were in bed, I end up sitting on the couch next to Mike for some TV time and got nothing done. So finally I just did it myself with lots of help from Kari. Not only did we get the energy to do this at 11pm, but it may have involved a saw, lots of laughter, and some serious muscles on the tv and treadmill. There are pros and cons to both scenarios of the living room. We are leaving it for a week or two to see which one we like better. (who are we kidding, it's not going to get put back) I'm going to hang that mirror hiding behind the couch on that wall, eventually.
This picture makes me laugh. Look at Isabelle with everyone else completely not happy. The kids had fun. Abbey was absolutely terrified of Jake. She climbed Kari so fast anytime he was on the same floor as her. She started to lighten up just in time to go home. Apparently in a year, she forgot about him. This visit was some seriously needed best friend time. Kari used to come over all the time and just sit and visit with me while I got stuff done. It was just like old times.


No comments:
Post a Comment