Monday, March 5, 2012

Skiing Lessons with Dad

Mike and Derrick used to work at Deer Valley as ski instructors for the little kiddos. Mike is an excellent ski teacher and I've been so excited to have kids old enough to get going! In the mornings Derrick and Mike went skiing while Missy and I played with all the kids.  After they came home for lunch, they took the bigger kids for their ski lessons. Missy and I took turns going or staying with Michael and the babies. Then the boys skied more after the kids got tired.

Look at this girl strutt her stuff. She was so excited for Mike to teach her how to ski.



Here they are ready to go! Derrick took his kids last year so they were a year ahead, but they all did the bunny hill together the first day.


Look at her face! She loved it!  It was adorable watching her ski! She looked so tiny out there.


Isabelle wanted to do the tow rope by herself. She fell and got dragged a bit and decided she was done for the day. Mike got her to go again to end on a positive note.


The first day she still need alot of help, but the second day she was doing everything on her own, the tow rope, skiing down the hill and stopping.  She was starting to get the hang of turns when she got too tired.  Mike's hoping to get her skiing at least one more time this winter here in Spokane. She had a blast and is excited to go again.


I forgot my ski pants....yeah....awesome. Mike loaned me his pants for an afternoon (he doesn't fall down). I went Isabelle's first afternoon, and got my act together again on the bunny hill with the little kids :). I haven't been skiing since I was pregnant with Isabelle, and even then I have only been skiing a handful of times. I really enjoy it and can't wait to get better. When Isabelle decided she was done, I headed up a lift while Mike took her back to the condo. I skiied a couple of runs by myself and then met up with Mike and got to ski with him a bit. I got a lot better with Mike's help.  It was a fun trip and so much fun to watch Isabelle learn how to ski!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lissa said...

How fun! I've gone skiing exactly once my entire life. And it was 11 years ago. lol But it was fun! How cool that Mike is teaching Isabelle. =)

Casey said...

I love skiing- I'm not anything special, but I enjoy the easy stuff just the same :) It's so peaceful and the scenery is beautiful! And I can't believe Isabel is old enough for that!!!

Meredith said...

This looks like such a fun trip to break up the after-holiday, boring- until-spring months!