Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Conference



Last year for conference, my kids were running around like hooligans and I couldn't hear and I was getting angry and yelling and they were fighting and it was a complete disaster. This year, I was prepared to try something new.

I bought each of the kids a new quiet toy.  I washed a ton of laundry but didn't fold it and piled it up in our living room. I usually bustle around the house and miss quite a bit since we only have it in one spot.  I filled up mason jars with small treats marshmallows, raisins, m&ms, and candy corn and labeled them with conference "buzz words."  I took requests when I went to the grocery store last week and pulled out the picnic blanket so they could eat their popcorn and whatnot in the living room.  It was a huge success.  The kids stayed in hearing distance and I folded laundry.  Next year, I'm going to do sticker charts for the buzz words. We were so sick of candy as were the kids towards the end and we started to lose them.  They were really good for both first sessions, which is my goal for now.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: