Monday, August 6, 2012

Seattle....Finally

We got home from our Utah trip on a Sunday night and packed up that Friday morning for Seattle. (This completed 5 weekends away in a row. So much fun, but at this point I was TIRED! I need my Saturdays every once in a while.)  I swear I'm still recovering...like taking 3 weeks to blog about it.

Mike's company does a softball game every year for the northwest reps.  Living way out in Spokane, we've never gotten to go. Well this year, they paid for our gas and a night of a hotel. We've wanted to make a trip to Seattle and haven't made it yet, so this was our chance to make a weekend out of it.

Friday night we met up with a bunch of people from work for the Mariners vs. Rangers game.  (Yes, I rooted for the Rangers).  It was a blast.  It was our first professional baseball game.




The kids did great.  I was nervous, but just as they started getting a little fiesty, Mike saved the day and got cotton candy. I'm so glad I took our hiking backpack that stands up.  Luke would have been a nightmare to hold for that long.


Michael and Luke took turns with the backpack.  Despite this picture, Michael LOVED the baseball game.  In fact he woke up in the middle of the night crying that night.  I asked him what was wrong...."I WUUUUB (love) baseball game."  And then fell back to sleep.  He's been talking about it since.  Apparently he liked it more than we thought he would.



After the game we decided instead of trying to get all 3 kids to go to sleep together in a hotel room, to drive around downtown until they all fell asleep.  Much better plan. Worked great!  Until we tried to carry 3 sleeping kids and stuff back into the hotel room that night.

Next morning, we did a little swimming at the hotel and then headed to the softball game and bbq at a park. And awesome picture taker me, didn't get a single picture of Mike playing softball.  In fact I was rather busy chasing kids to even really get any good pictures.    I snapped a few in the last 30 minutes.

Michael may have pooped in the middle of this lawn.  I was sure he would be ok for 45 seconds while I ran to the car to grab something for Luke...apparently, I was wrong. Lots of pointing and "Who's kid is that?!"   First time I'm meeting 98% of these people and there's my kid pooping....naked, in the middle of the lawn between the playground the ball field. Yeah, I was mortified. Of course while I'm cleaning it up, he disappeared.  I was now terrified my kid was gone.  I finally found him in the men's restroom, finishing up his business. One of those moments it has nothing to do with having 3 kids that makes you feel overwhelmed, but everything to do with having a 2 year old....oh Michael.....

Someone brought this cute little t-ball thing.  He loved it and was talking about the baseball game from the night before.  He was pretty good at it and spent forever playing with it. I see birthday present in the future. :)


The people that used to live in our house here in Spokane now live in Portland (work for PSS and are LDS), were there. They have two boys almost the exact same ages as my two.  They were also at the Mariners game. It was fun to get to know them since we know alot of the same people. Our boys had fun together.  She saved me a few times hanging out with Luke while I took care of Michael. She was great fun.  We chatted a bunch.


Isabelle's partners in crime.  This is Kyla and Gabe.  They are the other Spokane rep, Adam's, kids.  We've started hanging out with them here and they are a blast and our kids get along perfectly!


After the game, we went with Adam's family to Pike's Market.  It was fun.  We got some fruit, and clam chowder.  The flowers were amazing and SO cheap!  If I had a way to get them home, I would have gotten some.






After Pike's Market, we went with Adam's family to meet up with Chet and Amy.  We went to this Mexican restaurant that was INCREDIBLE!!!! Mike and I shared Carne Asada tacos that were to die for!  So good!  It wasn't Americanized Mexican food...it was Mexico Mexican food.  SO yummy!  Luke tried out the tortilla chips.


After dinner we went to this amazing park close to the restaurant and Luke gave in.  He was pooped.





That night we payed for our own hotel....um...it was scary.  I only killed one bug.  We took the kids to the park to wear them out so they'd be asleep when we got in...no such luck.  So instead, we put a movie on the laptop and tried to keep the kids off the floor.  We weren't entirely successful.  Luke was the worst.  He didn't want to watch the movie, he wanted to pester, and he wanted to crawl off the bed.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: