Sunday, November 4, 2012

1 Down, 3 to Go

We have officially been in Florida 1 week.  We are currently living in an extended stay hotel until we close on our house.  So for about 3 more weeks we will be here.  What do we do all day in a 1 room hotel?

Put a baby in a box.


Play on the bed, usually giggling incessantly


Read LOTS and LOTS of books


Play on the bed with Dad while he's eating lunch.


Play with flash lights or glow sticks while Luke is taking a nap.


Lots of snacks! We do have this little kitchen area.  There is just enough room for the kids to eat and a pack and play for Luke to sleep in.  It's great!


Run around like loud hooligans in the laundry room while doing laundry.  Ride the luggage cart up and down the halls to take the laundry to and from.


Play hide and seek in the sheets


Take Jake on LOTS and LOTS of walks.  Inspect all the ant piles along the way.


Check out our new house.  We were able to get back in to measure everything and see just what all we need.  I haven't blogged about the house yet, but it's a foreclosure.  There's no carpet, light fixtures, or smoke detectors.  There are a bunch of holes in the walls that will need to be repaired and lots of new paint. Yay! It will be fun, but we can't do any of it until we close in a few weeks.  The kids loved the house.  I'm super excited.


Take lots of baths.  The kids are entertained for ever in the tub! Coloring books, the few toys we brought with us.  Visit the duck pond somewhat close by. Among so many other things.  We made 4 trips to Lowe's, 3 trips to Home Depot, 1 trip to a carpet store, 1 trip to Costco, 3 trips to Wal-Mart.

It really isn't horrible living in a hotel room.  I always wish I could play with my kids more.  Sure enough, with no house cleaning and very limited cooking supplies (2 pans and service for 2), I get to play with my kids pretty much ALL DAY LONG!  I think it's pretty fun. I just found the closest YMCA, so that will be great to start getting our routine going. This week I will start venturing out more.  It's finally warmed up, we now have 2 cars again and Jake has settled in and doesn't whine when we leave.  We will have much more, less creative, fun this week I'm sure!   Enjoying the warm weather and no snow!!!!!!  
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Meredith said...

And you are my hero. Sounds like you could go crazy, but you have a great attitude. I hope the next three weeks go fast!

Momma Twitch said...

You're SOO awesome! Hotels can be rough for sure, but you're doing so great with it! I love the house. It looks like it'll be LOTS of fun!!

Casey said...

The house looks beautiful! Can't wait to come visit. Trying to do the math... Will you be coming to Houston before you finish up hotel living? What a crazy time of life :)