So, 4 year old Pre-K is paid for by the state of Florida. I was not planning on preschool for Isabelle. She is plenty bright and even if she was slightly behind in Kindergarten, she would catch right up. I wanted to savor one more year. One more year of being just a play at home mom. One more year of having my kids with me all the time. One more year. Not a school driving taxi mom. Not a have to get up and get out the door mom. Not a have to pack a lunch mom. Not a kiss good bye see you at the end of the day mom. Once we start with Isabelle we won't finish for 20 YEARS! I realized with the state paying for preschool, everybody actually goes. She also is just ready for it. I pushed aside my selfishness and did what's best for her. Thanks to a small world connection we are at a perfect place. I love it! It's developmentally appropriate and with my background it passed all my tests. It's a great place. We were able to get her started this week. What started out as going to sign paperwork, ended up as her staying for the rest of the day.
Ready to go! "I LOVE SCHOOL!" Glad I had a camera on me for her first day of school picture.
We walked out without her and Michael was adorable! He wouldn't come with me. "I stay at phool" "No, buddy, Sister is at school.You get to come home and play with mom" He held up his thumb and his first finger, "But I DIS many! I stay at phool!"
She LOVED it! It's been quieter, for sure. I'm looking forward to some good one on one time with my little man during Luke's nap time.
2 comments:
I totally understand not being ready. I want to keep my babies home with me forever, but I do love the one on one time I get with each of the kids during the day. This being a parent is hard - I have a hard time giving up control of their environment... So many things to look forward too.
All day after having her home would be a hard adjustment! But it sounds like you are staying positive and it will be nice to have more one on one time with the other kids! Isabelle will thrive in school I'm sure as she is super outgoing and so so smart!
Post a Comment