The other two.....well that's a different story. We say prayers, read stories, sing songs....they are settled down and tired and get in bed.....AND THEN after about 3 minutes of them in bed jumping, incessant giggling, needing drinks, hugs, cheese sticks...etc all begin. They are quite creative with distractions. All of this time, Mike and I sit in the dark on the couch next to them trying to ignore them while we watch TV quietly or on our computers and they still don't give in until after 9 usually. I've tried lots of different things, pretty much something new every single night, nothing seems great. I'm officially at a loss. Any tips or ideas? The best part, however, Isabelle sleeps like a rock, so even when Michael does his super early morning wake up, she lifts her head, rolls her eyes at everyone, and puts a pillow over her head and goes back to sleep...she is her father's child. :) Believe it or not, we are all getting enough sleep! I'm just missing out on my evenings with the hub!
1 month ago

3 comments:
Sometimes when we're in the hotel we'll do the whole bedtime routine and then turn everything off for about 20 minutes. The kids will usually fall asleep during that time. The only down side... I tend to fall asleep too. LOL! Good luck! Chances are you'll figure out the perfect routine right before you move into your house. lol ;)
What about a lobby? I would put the kids in bed (put a monitor up or use your phones) to keep an ear out for them and then go to the lobby for computer/talk time or even right outside the door for 20 minutes till they fall asleep
Post a Comment