Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween!!!!

Halloween was just not the same this year. Not that I had high expectations, but it is one of my favorite times of year. We didn't carve a single pumpkin, no home made doughnuts, no decorations, and we didn't even take the kids trick or treating.  However, I knew we would be temporary somewhere, so I at least made sure I had the costumes and all our Halloween books with us, and thanks to a McDonald's happy meal, the kids also had trick or treating buckets. We did make it to our new wards' trunk or treat and chili cook off Tuesday night.  Everyone was very friendly, and I loved it even more because everyone thought our kids were ADORABLE, especially Luke. How can you not like people when they can't stop telling you how cute your kids are?

I'm not one to buy Halloween costumes, but I found some in July still being cleared out from LAST Halloween, so I jumped on some adorable $7 costumes!  Worth every penny! Picture overload....cuteness to follow!

Luke was seriously one of the cutest kids ever.  Just the way he still has that little toddler walk and the stuffed belly on this costume, he just was wandering around catching smiles, grins, candy, and comments.  I seriously cannot get enough of him in this outfit.  I might have to put it back on him just to oogle again, because these pictures just didn't capture half of the cuteness!


My beautiful mermaid.  She told me to give her "mermaid hair" and then tried to describe what mermaid hair was.  This was the best I could do from her description.  She was happy with it anyway.


My grouchy GREEN dragon. He is obsessed with green right now, so we lucked out there. He fell asleep in the car on the way there. He happied up quickly, once he found out candy was involved.






On Halloween day, Mike's work apparently does quite the party.  It starts at 11 in the morning.  They rented out an awesome bowling alley/arcade/movie theater etc place.   I met a few of the people Mike works, but mostly followed children around. We each got a game card with tokens on it and they had TONS of food everywhere.  Each department put together a skit and everyone there had costumes. Mike was Mr. Pac Man, hence the dots. There was a movie with popcorn and candy going.  A kid area with a bunny and bird, face painting, balloon animals, and pumpkin decorating with stickers.  The kids had a blast. It was really fun. And Mike only had to work until like 10:30 that morning!








Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Casey said...

Looks like a lot of fun! What a great start to a new home :)