Monday, November 5, 2012

"Aren't I Beautiful?"



Isabelle was nervous about going to a new primary when she found out we were moving.  To give her something to look forward to, I let her pick out a new dress that she could wear on her first day in our new Florida ward.  She has had this dress for a month and been dying to wear it.  Finally Sunday was the day!  I made her a new bow to match.  Turns out Saturday, we discovered the church shoes we brought for her, she has outgrown and I apparently forgot tights.  So after a trip to Target, she had an entire new outfit.  She was beaming Sunday morning ready to go and overly excited to try out her new primary.

All ready to go, she looked at Mike and said, "Look how beautiful I am, Dad."  He looked up from his Ipad and said, "OH WOW!  You look beautiful!"  She then said back, "Did you forget to look at my shoes?" showing off her sparkle shoes and then "Did you forget to look at my bow?" shoving her head in his face. Then I heard her do the same skit for Michael.  I about died laughing.  She's already learning how well boys notice how pretty things are.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill said...

:) cute story. I love the dress! She picked a good one!

The Sullengers said...

How sweet! What a good idea to get kids excited rather than nervous!