I have been taking almost no pictures lately!!!! The only picture I have of her here with the kids was the snickerdoodle one! SO bummed! It doesn't mean we didn't appreciate her or love having her here! Thank goodness for help!!!!! When I started having problems, Mike's parents already had the Daytona trip planned. I called to see if Mike's mom could stick around another week after the reunion to help me. I knew we would be coming home from vacation, Mike would be out of town, it was the first week of school for the kiddos and I still can't do anything. I knew I was going to need some extra help 24/7. She changed her flight home and boy am I glad!!!!! Sure enough, I wouldn't have made it without her help!!!! This is Mike's busy season. He flew out the morning I started having really bad contractions (29/30 weeks) and other than weekends, has been gone since. This week makes 4 of the last 5 weeks he's been gone, and I've been on modified bed rest the entire time. Can I tell you how awesome that combination is?! (I'm 100% aware of the fact it could be way worse and plenty of women have survived far worse, it doesn't mean it hasn't been an adventure. An adventure that just has to be added to this entire Florida life adventure we seem to be on.)
Last week was wonderful! We got to eat on real dishes, no paper anything! Mike's mom made delicious meals for us, my house was picked up the way a mom would pick up at the end of the day. I had someone chase the toddler and fight the toddler when he didn't feel like walking to his room to go to bed (yeah, how often does that happen?). She was able to get kids in and out of the car for school pickup and drop offs. She was here to push the grocery cart, and just do everything I can't right now! She was also here for babysitting, dr appointments, school orientations, and so many other things that were going on that week. Although I'm not super pleasant when I'm pregnant, and even less pleasant when Mike is gone, I'm sure she'd have rather gone home to recover from vacation herself. But instead she put up with a grouchy pregnant lady, her unruly children, and worked like crazy. I'm so grateful for her help! We are at the final stretch. 35 weeks.
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment