Friday, August 23, 2013

Sad Day Part 2

(This was written last week.) Today was a rough day for this mommy that loves having her little kiddos home.  Not only did Luke move out of the crib today, but kids started school. My kids are getting big.  While I know this is good and exciting, it's still hard to grasp that my kids are growing up.

Isabelle started Kindergarten.  It's all day here.  I'm devastated my right hand woman is gone ALL DAY! I'm not sure how I'm going to survive this "modified" bed rest with her gone. She is ridiculously excited about her Barbie backpack and only let me take one picture without it.  She loved her first day but was exhausted. She got in the car bubbling with excitement and then seconds later burst into tears over a locked seat belt.  She cried pretty much the rest of the day over the funniest things.  Definitely a long day for a little girl.  She'll get used to it in a few weeks or so, until then I'm prepared for lots of tired tears and early bedtimes.  She insisted on dressing herself and fixing her own hair.  This outfit was infinitely better than her choice for day 2.  Haha.  I didn't have time to walk her in because of Michael's start time. I pointed to the door and off she went.  She was so brave.



Michael started preschool.  I wasn't going to put him in this year, but since I haven't been able to go to the gym, he is really needing something.  He has been going to the gym 3-5 times a week since he was 6 months old and is definitely used to getting out.  He has had a very rough month with me on bed rest. So I took the plunge.  He wanted to pose by this tree and insisted in front of the green box.  He was funny.  I had an orientation for his school after his school started, so I had to park and walk in.  I offered to walk him in.  "No mom, you drop me off by the playground!"  He knows the daily drill from Isabelle's preschool last year and didn't bat an eye.  Off he ran! He loves his teacher and played with "new girl friends and boy friends."


We came home from our first day of school and made snickerdoodles to celebrate starting school.  SO grateful Mike's mom is here to help out while Mike is out of town again.  Today (and the whole week) would not have gone well with my limited solo self.   Michael woke up from a really loud thunderstorm and was up from 4-5:30ish am, so when it was time to actually get up, he was a beast!  I was supposed to take both kids and drop them off, but he was screaming, naked, and unfed when I had to leave for Isabelle.  So I took Isabelle, and came back for Michael, who was fed, dressed, and somewhat happier when I came back.


Happy school days start for me!  Here's the beginning of the next chapter of my life for the next 20 years.  I'm not looking forward to parent pick up line, fewer kids at home, or making lunches daily, but I'm sure I'll find parts I love.  So far I love the excitement on my kids faces at the end of their days.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole said...

We have so many of the same feelings. Hang in there!