Sunday, November 10, 2013

6 Weeks

I swear Spencer is older than he really is.  I feel like we missed a few weeks and he's been in our family for a while.  He just turned 6 weeks on Saturday.  With my other kids it was still new and adjusting time.  This time, I feel like that was months ago.  Over the last two weeks he wants toys when he's hanging out.  He's swatting and kicking deliberately at toys.  He's figuring out his shakey toys.  He loves to sit and is already in the bumbo!

He's getting into a really great schedule.  He's been sleeping from 10pm-4am (now if I can just get myself to bed at 10 too!!!!!) and then sleeps until I have kids off to school and he can wait to eat until we make it home. He's taking good naps and has his awake, alert play time. He's a decently happy baby if I eat nothing delicious, ie dairy products.  I forgot how long it takes to get over the cravings and to completely overhaul my diet. It was also easier with 2 fewer kids to pay closer attention to me and my high maintenance diet. We have a few good days and then I accidentally eat something I'm not supposed to, only to realize it in my last bite, "Oh wait...that totally had milk in it...awesome."  And then it takes almost 2 days to flush it all out and we do it all again. At least he doesn't scream all the time anymore. He's pretty stinkin cute, so I'll give up my chocolate easily and my cheese not so easily, and we'll keep him.

A few new pictures for doting aunt and grandmas and such. :)




He's been smiling for a while now randomly, but they are finally getting bigger and coming easier.  Love me some baby smiles!!!!!  (it's so hard to take a non blurry picture with other children climbing on me!!!!  At least I got the face.)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh bring that child here now!! Just a warning - I will be holding him as much as possible to get my baby fix. :)