1 week ago
Sunday, February 2, 2014
Meet Izzy
Yep, I did this to her hair. She has renamed herself Izzy. It's her short name for her short hair, she said. She says she will go by Isabelle again when her hair grows back. She's even started writing it on all her papers at school. And that part I'm not sure she will ever go back to, "MOM! Do you know how much faster it is to write Izzy than Isabelle?!?" She was ecstatic to figure that one out.
So what happened do you ask? Well, apparently there is such a thing as Super Lice that are resistant to the 2 main chemicals used to get rid of lice....you think I'm kidding, google it....Not kidding....not funny. So just as I think we are lice free, she started itching again, only to find eggs again!!! I had been doing every single "old wives tale" under the sun. I was inspecting her head pretty much any time she wanted to talk to me. "Let me check your head." Wouldn't find anything for a few days, and then boom! EGGS! I went into panic freak out mode again and again shampooing, combing, washing, vacuuming. Never found another actual bug, just more eggs!!! Luckily it still hadn't spread to anyone else. On Tuesday night, we had the FOURTH incident. That's when Mike found out about Super Lice. This time I tried a different chemical on her hair and I chopped it. Honestly it took every ounce of self control I could muster to not completely buzz her head (which we did to the boys so far there is no way anything could attach to their hair strands.) I was SO incredibly frustrated. Tuesday night and Wednesday, I was so tired and so frustrated. So tired of the constant washing, drying, vacuuming, blow drying. I added "lice repellent" shampoo, spray and waxy stick and Lavender oil to the routines. We have now gone 6 days without a single egg....this is the longest we have gone. I think we actually got it this time. I pray every day that we actually got it this time. Once I know we are 100% lice free, I will definitely be taking a trip to get her hair cut....it's a pretty bad hack job. Add it to the list of Florida adventures that will be funny some day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
oh man! You didn't tell me about this when we talked! I found out from melanie that it came back and now from reading your blog. That SUCKS! I hope it's gone. And I love that Isabelle is calling herself Izzy...:)
Post a Comment