Last week Isabelle had some testing done for her kidneys. The end result: She has stage II reflux and a massive bladder, which means she doesn't go to the bathroom often enough, oh and ANOTHER uti. We have a few treatment/procedure options and trying to figure out which will be best for her. They said she could grow out of it around puberty time.
The day of her testing she had a procedure in the morning. She had to be there at 8 am (downtown during rush hour, awesome), but then after her appointment, she had a dr appointment with the urologist at 1 with not enough time to go home in between. Trying to figure out preschool, a nursing infant, and babysitting all day for a toddler, was pretty much impossible, but Mike saved the day! He just worked "from home" that day. He was able to take her and be gone all day and I didn't have to take Spencer to hang out at a children's hospital all day during flu season. It was definitely a win/win. For her VCUG test, they gave her "silly juice." She wasn't out, just completely drugged up. Mike said it was hilarious! He took some videos, but the sound didn't record!!!! All the videos before and after the 2 he took with the silly juice have sound, but not the crucial 2. I was SO bummed! He said she did awesome. The dozen doughnuts and carton of ice cream they came home with said it all. She got spoiled for being a little champ. Mike kept up on work and took the iPad for her entertainment in between. He took her to lunch....Dunkin Doughnuts....how about that for a Dad move? She thought it was awesome. They got home close to 4 in the afternoon. It was a long long day. I'm so glad Mike was able to help. And I'm also glad we are getting some answers. Now just to figure out our action plan.




1 comment:
Poor Isabelle but glad you are getting answers and can figure out what steps to take! I'm just getting caught up on your blog! I miss you!
Post a Comment