Sunday, March 16, 2014
A Sad Day For Me
This happened last week. All of my baby clothes are gone. I'm glad those clothes are going to someone that needs them. I'm glad they've gotten so much use. Mike is done having kids. I'm done having kids. 4 is a great number. But I don't want to be done having babies. I don't need to be pregnant again, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE babies! Even when they scream for days on end (Spencer's had a rough 4 days for some reason not dairy related), I still want more babies. The night before as I boxed them all up and set up the pick up time, I was so incredibly sad. Looking at them all and thinking about all the memories I have with my sweet boys in those clothes, I got really emotional about it. Not that the clothes themselves are important, but the symbol of giving them away. The next day when the service missionary came and got the clothes, I was even more sad. I was absolutely SHOCKED at how sad I was about it. I was pretty mopey the whole day. I felt empty. Part of what I'm here to do, give tiny bodies to big spirits, is done. Now on to the next part, raise them and teach them.
When talking to my friend about it, I realized that it's just like moving to a new place. I'm so sad to move to the next phase and so happy at the same time. In just a few short years all will be potty trained, no one in car seats, and all able to swim. That will make life a whole new world to us! I'm so happy that it all happened, and will miss beyond belief so many things, but I look ahead to happy years to come with new experiences and new adventures involving not near as much crying, poop, and spills and a ton more sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sure I will cry that day too. Good luck. So much to look forward to. I didn't know how sappy I was until I became a mom ;-)
Post a Comment