They flew in Wednesday afternoon. When I checked their flight it said it was coming in at 4:50 instead of 4:15. So that's what time I was there. Turns out they were mostly on time which meant we got stuck in rush hour traffic. What should have been a 45 minute drive turned into almost 2 hours. We had two very sad babies for most of that, added with my other children noises, dinner time, and we HAD to stop for gas, it made for a humorous situation which we were all very ready to get home from. We got home quickly made dinner and then tried to get kids to bed. It was too exciting having company, so we had another late night with kids running around, but we still sat around and visited and relaxed from a long day.
Nobody could leave Wesley alone. He's 6 weeks and almost as big as Spencer. But still so snuggly and learning to smile and SO adorable!
All my kids swarmed the baby.
Thursday we went shopping. My two big kids were at school, my friend took Luke for the day and it was just us and the babies. So fun! I can't remember the last time I went shopping for me! We hit up shoes first and all had a success. Then we went to Panera Bread for lunch. It was low 60's and windy, but not a cloud in the sky. That's cold for us Floridians! I was freezing, they were in heaven. We were the only ones eating outside.
Then we did some clothes shopping and all got a few things. The boys did this....How cute are they in green?!
Thursday went somewhat smoothly. That's the day my blender started to die and my microwave died. I came home to "The Note." The one saying there was lice in Isabelle's class again. She rattled off the names of 3 of her good friends that all got lice and all I could do was cringe. And I found 2 eggs...awesome. We did take out for dinner so no one had to cook. It was awesome!
Even Spencer loved Wesley.
That night we Skyped my mom.
Friday we hit up the beach while Isabelle was at school. It was 65 and windy still. It was still nice to be at the beach, so relaxing. Us Floridians were on the chilly side. Spencer is literally in my jacket. Luke sat on my lap or in the wagon almost the entire time.
Melanie and Jill came from single digit and teen temperatures. They soaked up the sun.
Michael still ran around and played and enjoyed the time. We can't wait for it to warm up just a titch!
Friday night we decided to go to Costco for some meandering and dinner all together. Turns out Costco closes their food once a year for maintenance....yeah it was that night. Of course. So we ended up doing Chick fil a drive thru but ate in the car while we fed babies.
Tummy Time together
Melanie has the Frozen soundtrack on her tablet. She let the kids listen to it a few times. Isabelle was loving it! She sat at the table and just sang along. It was so cute!
Saturday morning Isabelle complained about lice itch again, just as Jake ran away. We dropped of Melanie and Wesley. We came home and Jill and I had planned on the children's museum, but Luke had a gross cough and we just wanted to visit more and both needed naps. It was a gorgeous afternoon. The kids played outside while Jill and I enjoyed hummus....lots of hummus. :) We took Jill to the airport that late afternoon. Just as we pulled into the airport she got a text her flight was canceled. So I sat in the cell phone lot for her to figure everything out. I picked her back up and she came home for an extra night. :) This actually worked out great for me because Mike flew into the Orlando airport late that night. I was going to have to drive all the kids at 8:30 down to Orlando and back. Jill held down the fort for me and everyone got lots of sleep! Yay! Jill made it home Sunday.
Some funnies from the week. Michael could NEVER remember Melanie's name. He was constantly asking her or us what her name was. And he calls her Meldy. Wesley wore Spencer's clothes the entire time he was here. Michael kept getting confused. "Which baby is that?" It was SO funny! Luke was obsessed with Wesley, he kept asking for "the other baby."
It's always fun to get together as sisters. This was not a true sister's weekend for us with all my kids around. I found myself a little stressed because I still had to be a mom with food, homework, and bedtimes, but they jumped in a helped A TON! My kids got to know them better. All in all it was awesome to just be together. I love family!!!
1 comment:
That's so fun that you got to be with sisters! Yay! That whole lice fiasco seems so stressful! I feel for you and I've never had to worry about it yet. Eek. But glad you made the best of it as you always do!
Post a Comment