Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Sleeping Beauties

I find it ridiculous that my children can't share rooms. Isabelle and Spencer share, but the other two boys are just plain trouble.  Michael wakes everyone up way too early, Luke keeps everyone up. Isabelle goes with the flow, but needs LOTS of sleep. I have tried so many times and even give it a few weeks but finally throw in the towel for the sake of a happier home. Last weekend they were begging to have a sleep over.  So I let them.  Madness. Absolute madness until 10.  I figured I should see this through for the week of spring break to see if we can consolidate sleeping arrangements to two bedrooms. We are 5 nights in.  It is still a disaster.  Almost every night, someone ends up getting sent to their own bed. Even minus one from the equation, the remaining two still doesn't work. I think in the long run Michael will make the cut sharing the bed with Isabelle for a little while and we can finally keep the trundle mattress off our office floor. Toddlers are just trouble when it comes to bedtime.  And then there was a light at the end of the tunnel. So cute. 


Then there is this perfection.  If you have never had the pleasure of a thumb sucker, you are seriously missing out!  He loves to hold his little blanket in one hand and suck his thumb on the other and he falls right to sleep,  and for the most part stays asleep, or falls back to sleep quickly if he does wake up.  He's a full 12 hour sleeper at night with 3 good naps. He is loving spring break.  He hasn't gotten woken up from a single nap to be put in his car seat!


1 comment:

Jill said...

so cute! Love sleeping kids!