Mike wanted to take the family to Utah for a ski trip in January. This boy NEEDS snow. And he was pretty burned out at work. After looking at all the logistics I made a decision that he was welcome to go skiing alone and I'd hang out here in my hot Florida winter. I DON'T need snow. Haha! Then this trip with his cousin and uncle came along and he decided to do it instead of skiing. He went with a group of 5 other guys. He had an absolute blast!
He went to Antigua, Guatemala. They spent their time at a resort, on a boat fishing all day, pool side by evening. The resort was all inclusive so even though he doesn't drink, he still tried to get his money's worth in lots of virgin drinks by the pool.
Overlooking the city
The city square with the fountain and big church.
Mike and Alan catching fish. These things are HUGE!
This was what he did in between reeling them in.
Mike, Ricky, and Marcus
They had one day bumming around Guatemala City. They went to the temple.
And the MTC
Flying out
He had a blast. He had free WiFi at the resort so we got to Skype him most nights which was the only way I made it through our tough week. Definitely a perk I wasn't expecting. He came home tan, bearded, and relaxed. He works so hard for us and things at work with the merger have been crappy. I'm so glad he was able to go and enjoy some time off! He definitely deserved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment