Monday, August 6, 2012

Seattle Part 2

Apparently that was too much of a picture overload.  Here's the rest.  We survived the night in the shady motel with our furniture pushed against the door.  We went to a grocery store for breakfasty food.  What did Mike let the kids get?  Why chocolate covered sprinkle donuts of course, and some fruit and yogurt.  Once again, I almost had a heart attack while they were eating them IN THE CAR.  A packet of wipes later, everyone was full, clean, and happy.  Oh the things you do on vacation...Anyway, we headed to the zoo with Adam's family.  Turns out it was really cold...like cold enough I bought a Seattle Zoo sweatshirt.  It warmed up a little, but I thought it was still cold.

We had a good time, although, it's not my favorite zoo.  It was gorgeous and great for adults and the exhibits were awesome.  I loved it, but as far as kids go, it's not the kiddiest zoo.  We had to lift the kids up to almost all the exhibits and the petting zoo was pretty lame....3 goats.  The kids couldn't actually see as much as we could. Oh well, I can now add Woodland Park Zoo to my list of visited zoos.  I'm up to 7.




They did have this cool bird place you go in and there are birds flying around everywhere.  They were mostly parakeets and cacatuas, but there were a few other ones too.  They had these sticks with bird seed on them to get the birds on your stick.  We didn't have great success, but finally got one bird to hop on and take a nibble.



But it flew away before I got the picture of all the kids staring.







Then we headed home. Seattle was a fun place for a weekend.  I'd love to get to go again.  It's been such a fun busy summer.  I'm getting all caught up on things.  Thanks to the Olympics, I'll finish getting my blog all caught up, cause my house sure isn't getting cleaner with all this TV time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jill said...

yay! so fun! haha...I'm not sure you told me the story of Michael pooping! That is hilarious (I'm sure you didn't think that at the time :))