Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Lukester Turns 1!

Luke somehow just turned 1.  I cannot believe it.  It kills me that my baby is 1!  He is just such a cutie right now.  He's taking a few steps here and there, but not walking as his main mode of transportation. He says: All done, Mom, Dad, Up, and Ni-nite.  He also says Please in sign language still.  Definitely still my quietest kid as far as happy babbling baby noises and the loudest when it comes to not getting his way screaming.  3rd kid or what?

We were in Portland with our dear friends for Luke's birthday.  I didn't want to take his presents, so we just did his birthday book and the cake mess.  We'll do his other couple of presents soon.





So funny all the kids.  As I was making it, they were so excited, then once it was all done and sitting on the counter so many little eyes, just so eager.





We did this as a lunch cake, not with dinner, and therefore we look fabulous. :)  Still in pj's and glasses from a lazy weekend. Haha, oh well!  Have to get the full chocolate effect.  Luke chowed down and loved his cake!  Not timid at all.

This kid is still such a little miracle kid to me. There just aren't enough words to describe the feelings and memories his little face bring me.  He has completely changed my perspective on being a mother to all of my kids. He is absolutely spoiled.  I snuggle him a lot, and hold him even more. I wish I could have a do-over of the first year with Isabelle and Michael. Luke is one of my greatest spiritual reminders a wonderful plan of happiness. Happy Birthday to my sweet Luke!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Hi! So, I've been reading your blog for a long time and I never comment, but I just have to say that that cake is so cute! And the last two pictures in order make it look like Luke ate the whole thing, haha! :)