Mike's Mom and I took the kids to Toys R Us to wander and see what caught their eyes and whatnot, so she could buy their birthday presents for the party. It was a fun little outing and quite adventurous.
Michael put any item with "Cars" on it into the cart. We were constantly taking stuff out. He also carried/pushed around a popper toy and we could hear him wherever he was. It was so nice! Almost as good as squeaker shoes! At the end he was running to catch up with us. Tucked under his arm was a "Cars" collection and in the other hand was "Cars" wrapping paper. He said, "I have my birday present!"
Pretty much nothing really caught Isabelle's eyes until the very end....Dizzy Dancers. She's been seeing them on TV commercials and always goes ballistic. Well we had loaded up the cart with the stuff for the boys because they wouldn't notice, but we were careful with Isabelle. I walked her away to look at other stuff while Mike's mom snuck it in the cart. She started throwing a fit that was all she wanted and there was nothing for her. She absolutely lost it. I took the kids out to the car while Mike's mom checked out and Isabelle ran to the van (we borrowed a van for the week) and hid in the backseat crying. Not just a little bit either.
Is that not the saddest face you ever saw? So dramatic. Haha!
After that we headed to Discovery Park. One I've wanted to go to, but it's quite a drive so I haven't made it. It was really cool! I snapped a couple of cute pictures of my loves.

1 comment:
hmm I don't think I had seen this post before. So was Isabelle super excited and happy when she opened her present? Luke is so adorable! :)
Post a Comment