Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Poor Baby


So poor little Spencer is turning out to be even more allergic to milk than Michael was.  He doesn't seem to itch like Michael did, but he does have a way worse rash.  I have had the HARDEST time giving up dairy this time!  Last time, I decided and then I was done and never cheated.  With Spencer I was pretty sure he was allergic when he was just a few days old, but kept "experimenting" (let's be honest, justified cheating).  Finally two weeks ago, I had a dairy heavy cheat and he broke out into this horrible rash! His head and face were completely covered in weird gross skin, had a rash all over his torso, and then eczema spots all over his body.  I felt like the worst mom (I tend to be a stress eater, I'm not surprised it happened, just frustrated that I let it).  So I started doing our eczema treatment we did for Michael.  Spencer's still at a young enough age it's an "event" bathing him.  So after we got all the lice routines for the night (bathing, blow drying, changing sheets), then I got to bathe Spencer.  It's been a long few weeks. Anyway, after a few days of the routine, even without the prescription steroids, we saw a HUGE improvement. His red spots are gone, his weird skin on his face and head is normal, and all his eczema patches are greatly reduced.  He's a happy baby again!  And.....I've actually been dairy free since.  It's been easier (sort of).

1 comment:

Jill said...

oh my he is the CUTEST!