Twice a year, Mike has "Blitz Week." It's like he's out of town, but sleeps at home. He leaves before anyone is up and gets home late, after 10. I get to see him for a few minutes before he crashes, but the kids don't at all. He has a bunch of manufacture reps in town. So they work all day, have an hour break (our chance for kids to talk to dad) and then he entertains all evening. The perk of Blitz Week is the food....This is only about half of the food he brought home last week and everything is FULL. They have lots of delicious catered meals and then snacks for their work day. We get a bunch of the leftovers. :) I love free food!!!
The kids are in heaven with all the snacks and treats. I'm in heaven because I don't have to cook for quite a few days. Out of the gobs and gobs of food he brought home, almost everything has dairy. Sad :( I've been pretty strong, only because that salad is dang good. When the salad is gone, that fettuccine that smells divine will be calling my name. Haha.
Today he got home at 6:00 absolutely exhausted and the kids went nuts. It's such a long long week for him. It's almost easier when he is out of town. Happy to have a regular week next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment