Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

We went to my parents for Thanksgiving this year.  Two of my siblings, Jill and Matthew, were there with their families.  It was so fun!  The van made for a pretty sweet trip to and from.  Love it! We left Sunday around 2pm and got there after 3 am, Monday.  Then left Saturday around 1pm and got home at 4:30am, Sunday. We have come to find, it's just so much easier to travel when everyone is asleep!  Especially since Spencer goes a pretty long time at night. We only had to make 2 stops both trips. And the winner of "The WORST traveler" award goes to.....Luke.  Are we surprised?  Sitting in the back seat just crying, "Hold me, no buckle, hold me, rock me, no night night, no monkey george," the list goes on.  Poor thing! I don't have a best traveler award because the other 3 were pretty awesome. I was doing a good job taking pictures until my battery died.  I plugged it in and didn't take another picture.

Where's the baby? "Packing for 6 is a big job and exhausting," says Spencer.


What's grandma's house without Texas waffles?!


"My waffle?!"


The weather was pretty crappy.  Rained the entire first 3 days and was freezing, (ok, 40's, but that's freezing in Texas and especially if you're from Florida. Haha). We hung out Monday, just playing and visiting and catching up on sleep.  Tuesday we went bowling.  I beat Mike!  He has a torn muscle and it was obvious.  He did not play well.




This was Bradley's first time bowling. He loved it.



Michael was hilarious!  He propped his ball up and took a running start to push it down the ramp. He went farther and farther back each time.  By the end he was at the back of the sitting area for his run.  A few times Luke tipped the ball off the ramp just before Michael made it.  So funny!


Wednesday Mike tried taking the big kids to Frozen, I wanted to work on some sewing projects. It was sold out along with all the other kid movies, so he took them to Burger King for ice cream and play land time.  Then he took them to the dollar store.  They were just as happy.

Thursday morning was our annual Turkey Trot. Didn't last long before we ended up at the park down the street.



And then the pictures end....Matthew and Casey did the bulk of Thanksgiving...turkey, gravy, stuffing, and rolls.  Mom, Jill and I did everything else.  It was all delicious from what I hear.  Thanks to Mr. Spencer I missed out on most of the deliciousness.  Thanksgiving dinner is all about dairy. :)  The turkey was so good! We had desserts at the Smith's who also had kids in town.  I got to meet Ashleigh's new little twins.  It's always good to see her!  We had a fun time just hanging out and playing.   I always love going home and enjoy spending time with my family.  Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: